Thanksgiving is one of the greatest holidays we have here in America. All persons, regardless of age, gender, race, etc., are together with their family and friends enjoying a sumptuous feast. Let us all be thankful for the blessings in our lives and remember those who are far away and not able to be with us today.
Have you ever been plagued by any of these questions:
"What does the word Trachtler mean?”
"Where do I get a pair of those really cool Lederhosen?"
"I have German heritage, but don’t anything about the culture. Where can I go to learn more??"
These questions and more can be answered during Golden Gate’s Open House on November 13! No obligation, no pressure. Just fun.
Where: Alameda Elks Lodge, 2255 Santa Clara Ave., Alameda
When: Wed. November 13, 6pm
1) Reminded by the “kids” that this was the first event to which they were attending without the “parents”. I guess that makes Chris the “cool uncle”
2) Erica’s first road trip to visit other Trachtlers.
3) Michael (the Gruber Family Band) played Amazing Grace through a beer bong fashioned out of a garden hose and plastic funnel.
4) met lots of new members from Alpentaenzer Schuhplattler, Sacramento.
5) All attending Golden Gate members had an obscene amount of fun!